12. Alwishah Ahmed; “Avicenna on Self-cognition and Self-awareness”, in Aristotle and the Arabic Tradition; ed. Alwishah Ahmed & Hayes Josh; Cambridge: Cambridge university Press, 2015, pp.143-163.
13. Aristotle; The Complete Works of Aristotle; ed. Jonathan Barnes; One Volume Digital Edition, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1995.
14. Bermudez Jose Luise; The Paradox of Self-Consciousness; US: MIT Press,1998.
15. Black Deborah L.; “Avicenna on self-awareness and knowing one knows”, in The Unity of Science in the Arabic Tradition, ed. ShahidRahman, Tony Street & Hassan Tahiri; Netherlands: Springer, 2008, pp.63-87.
16. Chisholm, R. M; “The observability of the self”; Philosophy and Phenomenological Research;No.30, 1969, pp.7–12.
17. Farjeat LX Lopez; “self-awareness in human and non-human animals in Avicenna's psychological writings”; in Oikeiosis and the natural basis of morality: from classical stoicism to modern philosophy; Hildesheim: Georg OlmsVerlag, 2012, pp.121-140.
18. Farrell Jonathan and McClelland Tom; “Consciousness and Inner Awareness”; Review of Philosophy and Psychology; Vol.8, 2017, pp.1-22.
19. Gallager Shaun and Zahavi Dan; “Consciousness and Self-conscious ness”, in The Phenomenological Mind; New York: Routledge, 2008, pp.45-68.
20. Kaukua, Jari; Avicenna on Subjectivity a Philosophical Study; University of Jyvaskyla, 2007.
21. Kreigel Uriah; “Consciousness and Self-Consciousness; Monist, Vol. 87, 2004, pp.182-205.
22. Marmura Michael; “Avicenna’s “flying man” context”; The Monist, Vol. 69, No.3, 1986, pp.383–395.
23. Morin Alain; “Possible Links Between Self-Awareness and Inner Speech: Theoretical Background, Underlying Mechanisms, and Empirical Evidence”, Journal of Consciousness Studies; Vol. 12, No. 4-5, 2005, pp.115–134.
24. Nagel Thomas; “What is it Like to Be a bat?”, Philosophical Review; Vol. 83, 1974, pp.435–450.
25. Nida-Rumelin Martine; “Self-Awareness”, Review of Philosophy and Psychology; Springer, Vol. 8, 2017, pp.55–82.
26. Oehler, Klaus; “Aristotle on Self-Knowledge”, Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society; Vol. 118, No.6, 1974, pp.493-506.
27. Owens Joseph; “The Self in Aristotle”, The Review of Metaphysics; Vol.41, No.4,1988, pp.707–722.
28. Parfit, D; Reasons and Persons; Oxford University Press., 1984.
29. Rosenthal, David M.; “Two Concepts of Consciousness”, Philosophical Studies; Vol. 49, No.3, 1986, pp.329-359.
30. Sihvola Juha; “The Problem of Consciousness in Aristotle’s Psychology”, in Consciousness: from Perception to Reflection in the History of Philosophy; ed. Heinamaa Sara, LahteenmakiVili and RemessPauliina; Netherland: Springer, 2007, pp.49-65.
31. Simpson Peter; “Aristotle’s Idea of the Self”; The Journal of Value Inquiry; Vol. 35, 2001, pp.309-324.
32. Zahavi Dan; Self Awareness and Alterity: A Phenomenological Investigation; Us, Illinois: Northwest University Press, 1999.